sddyzyd
文章数:6970
年度积分:346
历史总积分:21951
注册时间:2007/10/12
发站内信
发表于:2010/7/28 10:44:06
#0楼
“要是不看电视你能做多少事?腾出来的那些时间你想做点儿什么?”两个星期前,我老婆这样问我。经过短暂的讨论,我们决定亲自试试看。于是,上周我们完全没看电视。结果这一周收获颇丰。现在,我们打算好了,将来要大大减少看电视的时间。
Here are 40 positive effects from our week without television.
以下是一周不看电视给我们带来的40个好处。
Wrote 4 blog posts. – I usually only have time to write 2 articles a week.
写了四篇博文。——通常我一周只能能写两篇。
Made it to the gym 5 times. – I went Monday through Friday for about 45 minutes, hitting every major muscle group.
去了五次健身房。——周一到周五,我每天大约在健身房锻炼45分钟,所有的主要肌群都练到了。
Increased household communication. – TV kills the flow of household communication. We both noticed that we had a lot more time to talk.
增进了家庭内的沟通。——电视切断了家庭内的沟通。这一周中我们都注意到,聊天的时间增多了。
Read a novel cover to cover. – I read the short novel “Siddhartha” by Herman Hesse. It’s a powerful story about the importance of life experiences as they relate to approaching an understanding of reality and attaining enlightenment. I highly recommend it.
从头到尾读完了一本小说。——我读了一部短篇小说,赫尔曼·黑塞的《悉达多》。这是一个充满力量的故事,讲述了人生经历的重要性,因为经历能够帮助我们理解现实,获得启示。我强烈推荐这本书。
Caught up on current events twice as fast. – I typically waste a good hour everyday watching CNN. This week I grabbed my news off the web. It took me significantly less time to scan CNN.com.
看时事新闻的速度是以前的两倍。——平常我每天会花宝贵的一个小时看CNN。这周我在网上看新闻了。浏览CNN网站的速度比CNN的节目快多了。
Enhanced focus on everything. – TV is a huge distraction, even when you hear it from the other room. It’s so much easier to concentrate when you don’t have a TV yapping at you. I had no idea how much if affected my ability to concentrate until it was gone.
做事更专注了。——电视很容易让人分心,即使只是在另一房间听到电视的声音也难免分神。没有电视冲着你喋喋不休,要集中精力就容易多了。在关掉电视之前,我从来都不知道它对我集中精力的能力有如此巨大的影响。
Learned a few new skills. – I took my own advice and learned how to change the oil in my truck… pretty darn easy.
学会了几种新手艺。——我按照自己的选择学会了怎么给我的车子换机油……真是太简单了。
Spent more time with friends and family. – We invited Angel’s sister and some friends over for a mid-week dinner party.
拿出更多的时间与朋友和家人相处。——我们把安吉尔的妹妹和一些朋友请到家里,办了个工作日的晚餐派对。
Cleaned the house. – Something Angel and I habitually evade by watching TV instead.
打扫了房间。——通常我们都会借看电视逃避打扫。
Learned new recipes and prepared 5 home cooked meals. – We cooked large portions so we could have leftovers for lunch every day.
学会了一些新菜,做了5顿饭。——每天都会多做一些,好留一些剩的当午餐。
Spent more time enjoying simple pleasures. – Deep conversations, long walks, telling jokes, etc.
用更多的时间享受简单的快乐。——深入的谈话、长时间的散步、讲笑话等等。
Finally trimmed the hedges in our front yard. – I always put this off because I am tired after mowing the lawn. This time, however, I did it on a totally separate evening. It only took me 30 minutes.
终于把门前院子里的篱笆修剪了。——我每次剪完草坪就累了,所以这件事一拖再拖。不过这回,我单独拿出一个晚上来干这件事,只花了30分钟。
Cleaned out the garage and sold 2 old dehumidifiers on eBay. – We setup a 5-day eBay auction and got $65 for each one of them!
收拾了车库,在易趣上卖掉了两台旧除湿机。——我们在易趣上发布了一个为期五天的拍卖,两台机器各卖了65块钱!
Took 2 evening strolls around a local park. – We hadn’t been to this park in years… there’s only 1 reason why.
有两个晚上到附近的公园散步。——我们已经好几年没去过那个公园了。原因只有一个……
Saved money on our electric bill. – Our power company’s website allows you to check your daily usage. Sure enough, less TV equals less electricity usage.
省了电费。——供电公司的网站上可以查询每天的用电量。少看电视,用电当然就少了。
Burned more calories. – We were off the couch moving around.
消耗了更多热量。——我们离开沙发,四处活动起来。
Backed-up critical files on both of our laptops. – Transferred them all over to our Iomega 500 GB external drive.
我们俩都备份了自己笔记本电脑里的重要文件。——我们把这些文件都转移到了500GB的艾美加外置硬盘上。
I played my guitar. – …for the first time in a year. I’m hooked again!
我弹了吉他。——……已经一年没弹了。我又迷上了它!
Found 2 news bands I like. – I used online music comparison services to find 2 awesome bands with similar music styles to my favorite band, Counting Crows.
新发现了两个我喜欢的乐队。——我用在线音乐对比找到了两个很棒的乐队,他们的音乐风格跟我最喜欢的“数乌鸦”乐队很像。
Listened to more music. – In addition to finding new bands, I had more time to listen to my favorite music.
有更多时间听音乐。——除了发现新的乐队之外,我还有了更多的时间听我最喜欢的音乐。
We stargazed in our backyard. – …for the first time since Angel and I first started dating. It was blissful.
在后院里看星星。——……从我跟安吉尔开始谈恋爱以来,这是头一次看星星。真幸福。
Caught up on times with an old friend. – I hadn’t spoken to my buddy Jon since my wedding a year and a half ago. We had a pleasant 30 minute conversation on the phone.
跟老朋友叙旧。——自从一年半之前,我结婚以后,就一直没有跟老朋友乔聊过天了。这次我们在电话里开心地聊了半个小时。
Handled basic household maintenance. – Replaced the AC filter, applied pest control spay, replaced fire alarm batteries, etc.
完成了家里一些基本的维修工作。——换了空调过滤网,喷了杀虫药,给火灾报警器换了电池,等等。
Took Angel out on a romantic date. – I took her to one of our favorite Italian restaurants and then out to a local pub where we slow danced to a live music.
和安吉尔进行了一次浪漫的约会。——我带她去了我们最喜欢的一家意大利餐馆,然后去了附近一个酒吧,随着现场演奏的音乐慢舞一曲。
Finished up a little DIY project. – I’ve been stalling on staining, sanding and hanging a certain wooden shelf for nearly 6 months.
完成了一项小小的DIY。——我一直想把一个木架子粉刷、打磨一下再挂上,这事儿已经拖了快六个月了。
Updated the photo frames throughout the house. – Sometimes it’s nice to mix things up. We spent some time sorting through our digital photos and replaced a few photos in various photo frames throughout the house.
给家里各处的相框换了照片。——有时候把不同的东西混在一起也不错。我们花了一些时间从数码照片中选出一些,换到了家里各处的相框里。
Played racquetball. – Great 2-person sport!
打了壁球。——这是个很棒的双人运动!
Organized my monthly planner. – Entered all my known commitments into my planner and did a little time planning each night.
整理了我的月度计划。——我把已知的所有答应要做的事情都写进了计划,每天晚上都要做一下时间规划。
Reviewed our long-term goals. – Angel and I had an open discussion last Tuesday night about our goals for the next 3 – 5 years.
回顾了我们的长期目标。——上周二,我和安吉尔坦诚地讨论了我们未来三至五年的目标。
Setup recurring automatic payments for most of our bills. – Now our electricity, phone, insurance and cable bills are automatically withdrawn from our account each month. This basically buys me 30 additional minutes of free time every month.
给我们的大部分账单设定了定期的自动支付。——现在我们的电费、电话费、保险和有线电视费都会按月自动从账户中划出去。这样我大概换来了每月30分钟的空闲时间。
Updated my resume. – It only took me 45 minutes.
更新了我的简历。——我只花了45分钟。
Quiet relaxation. – Instead of clicking on the TV, I spent some quiet time gathering my thoughts each day when I returned home from work.
安静地放松放松。——以前每天下班回家都是坐在电视机前不断换台,现在,每天的这个时候我都会花点儿时间静静的整理自己的思绪。
Intelligent conversations at suppertime. – Quite frequently we eat supper in front of the TV. Since there was no TV watching this week, Angel and I had some really interesting conversations instead.
晚饭时充满智慧的对谈。——以前我们常常是坐在电视机前吃晚饭。这个星期不看电视了,我和安吉尔有了一些非常有趣的对话。
Hit it off with our new neighbors. – We spent more time outside and ended up running into our new neighbors. They seem like pretty cool people. There’s certainly the potential for friendship here.
结交了一些新邻居。——我们有更多的时间外出活动,所以遇见了一些新邻居。他们好像是很有意思的人。我们一定可以成为朋友的。
Exchanged back massages. – It sure beats canned laughter.
互换了一些旧短信。——这当然引来了许多欢笑。
There was more time for “quality time”. – You know… just me and her and some classical music in the background.
有更多的时间可以“高质量地度过”。——就是……只有我和她,放一些古典音乐当背景。
More real life experiences. – Because we were off of the couch, actually doing something.
真正的生活体验更多了。——因为我们离开了沙发,实实在在的做了一些事情。
Watched 1 quality movie. – Instead of watching whatever was on, we went to Blockbuster and selected 1 quality movie to rent.
看了一部好电影。——以前是电视里演什么就看什么,这次我们挑了一步好电影,到百事达去租来看。
Ironed my clothes each weeknight before bedtime. – …since I had more free time in the evenings. It made my mornings less stressful.
每个工作日的晚上我都在睡前把衣服熨好。——因为晚上的空闲时间多了。这样早上就轻松了。
We got more done. – Because we had so much more time to do it all.
我们做了更多的事情。——因为我们有了那么多时间把事情都做完。
I strongly recommend a week without television to everyone. You’ll be amazed…
我强烈建议大家拿出一个星期来,不堪电视。这种经历会给你带来许多惊喜……
绿水
文章数:849
年度积分:46
历史总积分:3357
注册时间:2005/5/12
发站内信
发表于:2010/7/28 12:51:30
#1楼
其实听收音机也是蛮有味的,特别是做饭的时候以及睡觉前听
青山常在,绿水长流
工控学堂推荐视频: